Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

UNDERWORLD SPECIAL: Crossovers

What's happening fellow Underworlders? I just caught wind a while ago while I was thinking my random category post, that Underworld Honduras has reached 1000+ views already, so I wanted to take a little while off my post so that I can tell you thanks for all your support of our blog and I'm glad that you are enjoying what we prepare just for you, so ARIGATO/THANKS!!!!!!!! :D

Well after that time out, I will unveil my topic (well not unveil as you can see it up there :P), as you know, everybody has always dreames about crossovers, whether it is the Marvel heroes vs the DC heroes, but everyone does it, so I've prepared this topic thinking about, so sit back, get some popcorn, and prepare to enjoy the show.......

ABOUT CROSSOVERS.... WHAT IS A CROSSOVER?

Well, basically, a crossover is pitting characters from one timeline/world/universe and colliding them with characters of another timeline/world/universe. They are interesting because there are always people saying things like "Goku is stronger than Naruto!!!" and viceversa, so in a crossover said characters could match up and determine who's better.

COMMON CROSSOVERS MECHANICHS

The mechanichs on many crossovers is very very simple, the mechanichs most of the time are in fighting games, because the crossovers are meant to be competitive, and fighting games are competitive, so you are prone to finding these crossovers in fighting games, or media that has to do with fighting.

CROSSOVER EXAMPLES

There's a lot from where to choose examples of crossovers from, seriously, we have the ever popular film "Freddy vs Jason", in videogames we have a hell even more from where to choose, we have Capcom vs X-Men, Capcom vs SNK, SNK vs Capcom (no, CvS and SvC aren't the same thing), we couldn't stop to mention the so popular and considered best of this type the Marvel vs Capcom series (even less with the newly released Marvel vs Capcom 3), and also the so excellent Tatsunoko vs Capcom (notice that many of the good ones have Capcom in them? LOL), and we also can't stop mentioning the not-so-MK Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, which at best, it has great gameplay as far as I'm concerned, but it doesn't live up to it's moniker, with that I mean that it may have MK kharacters, but it doesn't feel like an MK game.

GUEST CHARACTERS AND CROSSOVERS...... SAME THING?

No. People often tend to assume that when a character from another place is inserted into a game, it becomes a crossover game, quite frankly it isn't. A guest character normally doesn't have anything to do with the story of a game, they only are there as fan service, yeah, maybe they have an ending or interacts with other characters, but it's not relevant. Common example is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where Nintendo got the permission to put both Sonic The Hedgehog and Solid Snake into the game (why not Shadow and Gray Fox? why not full characters instead of assists? That makes me mad xP), some people sayed that it was a crossover, it isn't. Another example can be Soul Calibur II, with the inclusion of a guest character per console, GCN had Link, PS2 had Heihachi, and XBox had Spawn. And the most newest I can think off is Kratos in Mortal Kombat, and Lars Alexandersson in Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, both on PS3, and the latter available in XBox 360 as well.

DREAM CROSSOVERS

Ahh, now we get to the good stuff, this is a compilation of ten most wanted crossovers that people would sell themselves to get a chance to watch. They start off at number 10 and ascend into number 1.

10)Guitar Hero vs Rockband
9)Final Fantasy vs Chrono Trigger
8)Soul Calibur vs Samurai Shodown
7)Tekken vs Virtua Fighter
6)Sports Champions vs Wii Sports Resort
5)Mario vs Sonic
4)Call of Duty vs Gears of War
3)Harvest Moon vs Rune Factory (:::::::::: }*KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!
**I hate this games :P
2)Dragon Ball vs Naruto
1)Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

If you have a different view or have a match up you like, feel free to post it as a comment, most creative will gain a reward ;)

Well, guess this is it for now, next post will be of a videogame, I know I promised a review on Mortal Kombat but I haven't yet finished the game completely, so I'll review another game, just as a hint, I've been mentioning it for quite a while.

Also, my anime post will be a tribute to the Red Eyes Black Dragon, because just yesterday my Red Eyes disappeared, and I've given hope on finding it again, so I'll at least make a tribute for me now dead Red Eyes, my favorite monster. And on top of this, this tribute will also be for my friend Wilson's Red Eyes, which also disappeared in the same classroom (suspicious huh?), so for those poor Red Eyes, that tribute will be for them.

Well it's time to say goodbye, we'll see each other soon enough, till then folks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment